Our unique ‘Buddy system’ where we match your students with Irish teenagers. Students have 15 hours of formal English tuition each week plus conversation classes with their Irish Buddies. This helps to increase each students confidence in speaking English and encourages conversation with each other. Our afternoon activities, with the Irish students, further develops your student’s language skills.
What is included?
- Full board residential or Host family accommodation
- 15 hours of English class per week
- Irish student buddy system to practice their English with every day
- Language assessment test on arrival and departure http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams/
- All materials and books
- Full afternoon activity programme with ‘Irish Buddies
- Evening activity programme both off and on site for residential students
- Airport transfers from Shannon Airport: www.shannonairport.ie/
- One hour of supervised study and diary writing each evening with their buddy
- Fully insured school
- Certificates of attendance
- We offer a wide variety of exciting and different games and activities each afternoon.
See * below for more details
Students are taken on various cultural excursions at the weekends
We are based on a small family farm with our own residence, classrooms and activity centre.
Our residence has a capacity of 25 beds and we also offer very friendly Irish host family accommodation in the locality to those who would prefer to stay with a family.We are fully insured.
We provide 4 differnent english teaching levels with all books etc. provided. Our 2, 3 and 4 week courses begin at the start of July every year and finish at the end of August.
* Activites include the following;
Canoeing, Raft building, Orienteering, Navigation Skills, Archery, Assault ropes course, Obstacle course, Human foozball, Airsoft, Fishing, cycling, Nature walk, Night walk, Kite flying, Irish Olympics,Hockey, Gaelic Football,Hurling, Rounders, Advanced Frisby, Water Volleyball, Soccer, Capture the flag, Long Puck, “Its a knockout competition”, Badminton,
Cultural activities include Irish Arts and crafts, Irish music and Dancing, knitting, Irish Cooking ie. Irish Stew, Irish soda bread, scones and jam making from the fruits of our gardens.
Off campus activities
- The following activities are available off campus,
- Pitch and Putt: http://www.monaleenpitchandputt.ie
- Bowling: http://www.funworld.ie
- Cinema: http://www.odeoncinemas.ie/cinemas/limerick/201/
- Horse riding: http://www.limerickhorseriding.com
- Golf: http://www.ballyneetygolfclub.com
- Watching and playing Football and Hurling – an Irish team game.
Sample Summer school programme
|Sunday||Collection at Airport||Settling in Residence or family||Getting to know you sessions|
|Monday||Assessment Level of English||Buddy introductions and team building exercises||Guided Tour of Limerick|
|Tuesday||English Classes||Irish Traditional Dance workshop||Board Games|
|Wednesday||English Class||Sports and Games||Badminton|
|Thursday||English Class||Ball Games||Volleyball|
|Friday||English Class||Raft building and canoeing||Quiz|
|Saturday||Full Day excursion to Bunratty Castle and the Cliffs of Moher||Archery|
|Sunday||Relaxing Morning with late breakfast||Visit to Crescent Shopping Centre||Irish sports|
|Monday||English Class||Irish Singing and Music workshop||Trampolining|
|Tuesday||English Class||Visit to Art museums||Irish arts and crafts|
|Thursday||English Class||Kite flying|
|Friday||English Class||Treasure hunt||Cycling|
|Saturday||Full Day excursion to Killarney and Muckross House and Gardens||Singing|
|Sunday||Relaxing Morning with late breakfast||Excursion to Cultural Centre||Drama|
|Monday||English Class||Table tennis||Mini Golf|
|Tuesday||English Class||Irish Dancing||Bowling|
|Wednesday||English Class||Irish football||Painting|
|Thursday||English Class||Hurling||Jam making|
|Friday||English Assessment||Certificate presentation||Farewell Disco|
|Saturday||Full Day excursion to Galway city and Salthill Beach||Movie night|
|Sunday||Depart for Airport|
King John’s Castle http://www.shannonheritage.com/KingJohnsCastle/
St Mary’s Cathedral Limerick http://www.cathedral.limerick.anglican.org
Cliffs of Moher.
Village of Adare.
Torc Water in Killarney.
Wild Atlantic way.
Future developments include a zip line, Maze Labyrinth,
Contact us by email at mailto:email@example.com